Did you know:
We use only food grade ethyl alcohol to swab the acupuncture points before inserting the needles. This is done to disinfect (destroy harmful microorganisms) the area of insertion for your safety.
Most acupuncture clinics use isopropyl alcohol because it is much less expensive, however, it has can irritate the eyes, skin and lungs. It can also be linked to organ toxicity (kidneys and lungs) and neurotoxicity (nervous system) and is classified as an “irritant.” Source
Ironically, it is likely that isopropyl alcohol kills nothing on the skin, rather only moves dirt and bacteria around.
Nothing in this document is intended as a substitute for your doctor’s diagnosis and/or treatment. This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA.