Skin problems can be complex, mainly due to the fact that there are 32 layers in which inflammation, fungus and other pathogens can become trapped! There are some useful tips to alleviate skin problems, including avoiding niacin (buy a “niacin-free” B-complex, for example, to avoid the agitation that can trigger skin issues.)
Here are a few other things you can try: (Please note that this is a partial list of our recommendations. For a complete list of our suggestions, please read our newsletter on skin care. Click here to view online)
- Use treatments that enhance Lung, Liver, and skin function. This includes Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine.
- Reduce/eliminate the intake of toxic substances such as refined sugar, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, deep-fried foods, processed foods, and preservative laden foods. These things are filtered out of the blood stream by the Liver, therefore may be distributed to the skin via the Liver.
- Reduce/eliminate the use of skin products containing chemicals. Follow this maxim: do not place items on the skin that you would not eat! Always use effective, non-toxic treatments that don’t have petroleum based ingredients.
- Filter yoru municipal shower water. Vaporized chlorine from a showerhead will severely dry and agitate skin. We carry an easy-to-install water filter.
- Drink spring water. Avoid chlorinated municipal water.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call. We are here to answer any questions you may have.